2019 Southeast Asia Creative Camp
"Future Careers for Youths"
TVET has been identified as one of the seven priority areas of SEAMEO Education Agenda for development in Southeast Asia, which were agreed at the Strategic Dialogue of Education Ministers (SDEM) meeting in September 2014.
According to the 2nd High Officials Meeting (HOM) on SEA-TVET in Bali, May 2016 and the 3rd HOM on SEA-TVET in Kuala Lumpur in May 2017 highlighted the regional strategies to improve 21st skills, global competitiveness, innovative and creativity of TVET students. Besides the issues of creative industry, industry 4.0, digital careers and trends of future work were recommended to be integrated in TVET education for preparing the Southeast Asian youths with advanced knowledge and skills which are necessary for future careers in globalisation.
In response to the above regional recommendations from the high officials’ meetings, the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organizations (SEAMEO) in cooperation with Ministry of Education and Culture of Indonesia, Ministry of Research Technology and Higher Education of Indonesia, and SEAMEO Regional Centres has organised the online workshops for students and teachers in Southeast Asia, called “SEA Creative Cam: Future Careers for Youths” in 2018.
In 2018, the total number of 10,208 students, 2,370 teachers and 1,845 schools from 6 countries in Southeast Asia, namely Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, and 2 countries beyond Southeast Asia (India and China), participated in the SEA Creative Camp in all 3 batches.
- To provide intermediate-advanced technical and vocational knowledge and skills in areas of advanced technology competencies, industry 4.0, and entrepreneurship for students and teachers in Southeast Asia.
- To improve ICT literacy, global competitiveness, and 21st century skills of students required for their future careers.
- To encourage creativity, and share ideas/practices and innovative projects among the participants.
- To establish career networking platforms among the specialised group of youths/students/teachers.
- Host Organisations/Sponsors:
- Ministry of Education and Culture, Indonesia
- Ministry of Research Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia
- Co-organisers/Online Workshop Coordinators:
- SEAMEO Secretariat
- SEAMEO BIOTROP
- SEAMEO SEAMOLEC
- SEAMEO QITEP in Science
- SEAMEO QITEP in Mathematics
- SEAMEO RECFON
- Universities/Polytechnics and Technical and Vocational Schools as the Workshop resource partners
- Cooperate Partners: Industry
The 4th Batch is opened the registration for high school, TVET, and university students and teachers, but the age of students must be between 15-23 years old from the Southeast Asian countries, namely, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. However, the participation from other countries beyond Southeast Asia is welcomed.
Requirements for participants in the 4th Batch of SEA Creative Camp:
- Registration must be applied by a team of students with name of teachers (Please check details of each workshop for the maximum number of teachers and students in each team)
- Each school/college can send maximum of 15 teams per 1 workshop.
- 15-23 years old students who study in secondary school, non-formal education, TVET schools/colleges/ polytechnics, and universities in Southeast Asian countries.
- Good command in English communication.
- Participants should have minimum knowledge and skills as required by each workshop.
- Participants should be able to attend workshop through Webex online system and be able to review the sessions which the participants cannot attend.
- Since the workshops will be delivered through WEBEX Online System, it is required that the schools/institutions are able to support the IT equipment for the students to access the training classes such as Computer, wifi, speakers, web camera, head phone and so on.
- Students should have their own notebook/laptop to follow the instructions of highly technology workshops such as Game Development, AR, Software Programming, Big Data and etc.
- The Online Registration is opened for free for all secondary, TVET, and university students (age 15-23 years old) and teachers in Southeast Asian countries to register before the courses start.
- Participants need to register by TEAM according to the workshop’s requirements such as 1 team consisting of 2 teacher and 5 students or 1 school principal and 5 teachers, or 2 teacher and 10 students. (Please check details from each workshop)
- SEA Creative Camp’s Instructors are specialised in the workshop area who are from SEAMEO Regional Centres, Vocational Colleges, and Universities.
- The workshops will be delivered in English language through online by using WEBEX technology. The tutorial session on how to use webex will be provided to all schools registered before the training sessions start.
To download WEBEX tutorial manual, click here.
- Each online workshop will be conducted for at least 8 sessions (or 2 hours per a session), in total 16 hours for 2 months, starting in late February until April 2019. (Please check the workshop schedule from the workshop page)
- At the end of the online workshop, the teams will be given time for 3-5 weeks to develop the final project assignments according to the requirements/criteria of each workshop.
- The competitions are conducted by evaluating the project assignments submitted by the participants. The 1st,2nd ,3rd winner will be selected by the Judging Committee of each workshop.
- Evaluation of completion is based on the final project submission. Attendance in the online course of a team is not considered.
Implementation Process of SEA Creative Camp
Prizes for the Competition
At the end of each workshop, the participants will be required to submit the final projects. The final projects will be evaluated and selected the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners. Each workshop will have the following monetary prizes.
- Monetary Prizes for each Workshop
- 1st Prize: USD 500 or IDR 7,000,000 for a team
- 2nd Prize: USD 400 or IDR 6,000,000 for a team
- 3rd Prize: USD 300 or IDR 5,000.000 for a team
- Winners will be invited to participate in the Award Presentation, Sharing Session and Exhibition in a national/regional event. (To be confirmed)
- Certificates of Recognition will be provided to all participants of the winning teams.
Important Note: The monetary prizes will not be provided if the submission of final project outputs is less than 15 entries for each workshop, and the quality of final project outputs are not eligible as the winners according to the criteria. (This decision depends on the Sponsors).
- Monetary Prizes for each Workshop
Certificates to the winner, shortlists, and participants are provided at the end of the announcement of winners:
- Certificate of Participation (for participants who submit the final project assignments)
- Certificate of Recognition (for winners and shortlists)
- Certificate of Appreciation (for working committees, speakers, judging members, spon
No registration fee to participate
The registration should be proceeded by EACH Team
(Please check details of team members of each workshop)
Each online workshop by using WEBEX will be conducted for at least 8 sessions (or 2 hours per a session), in total 16 hours during September-November 2018.
(Please check training schedule of each workshop)
At the end of training, each team will have about 3-5 weeks to develop a final project assignment and submit to the Workshop Coordinator for the Competition.
Attendance of the participants in each workshop will not be considered.
Certificate of Completion will be provided after receiving the final project assignment from each team.
19 Available Online Workshops
For the 4th Batch of SEA Creative Camp, we are opening 19 Online Workshops which emphasize the emerging technologies in
the world with hope that this will be useful for future careers in Southeast Asia and beyond.